Are you ready for another week of Fun Fact Friday here at Weigh Your Mind? Let’s get started!
- A dragonfly called the globe skinner has the longest migration of any insect—11,000 miles back and forth across the Indian Ocean.
- Drivers kill more deer than hunters.
- According to the American Society for Microbiology, 90% of women and 75% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom.
- Fidgeting can burn about 350 calories a day.
- Most of the dust underneath your bed is actually your own dead skin.
- When glass breaks, the cracks move at speeds of up to 3,000 miles per hour.
- The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
- You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
- The average person eats almost 1500 pounds of food a year.
- The majority of suicides occur on a Monday.
I hope you have enjoyed another week of Fun Fact Friday. Which fact was your favorite? Be sure to let me know in a comment. Happy TGIF!