Fun Fact Friday: 8/5/2011
It’s that time of week again when I dig to find the most interesting and fun facts for you to enjoy. Are you ready? Here we go!
- On an average work day, a typist’s fingers travel 12.6 miles.
- To “testify” was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.
- Kleenex tissues were originally used as filters in gas masks.
- In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year.
- Al Gore’s roommate in college (Harvard, class of 1969) was Tommy Lee Jones.
- Nearly one third of New York City public school teachers send their own children to private schools.
- There is a Starbucks in Myungdong, South Korea that is five stories tall.
- Toto was paid $125 per week while filming the “Wizard of Oz”.
Now it is your turn. Which fact did you find most fun or interesting? Let me know in a comment below.
~ Jason Houck